Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Holiday

We've been out of commission for a little bit because Korea just celebrated their New Year, which means I don't go to the church and get internet access. The church took Monday and Tuesday off but most people took Saturday through Tuesday off. This is their big holiday where they actually take a break and visit their families (kind of like our Christmas). So, Brandy and I had absolutely nothing to do. Since Chloe had a mild cold and somehow Brandy got it, they stayed in the home. I wanted to do something so I walked to a part of our town to look around and stretch my legs. This video is just pictures I took on my journey through the town and that day. Today we're back on schedule and working a little. Really I'm just planning for my curriculum for English teaching that I must present to the Senior Pastor at some time. Brandy is staying at the house still, meeting all of the wives of the pastors and taking care of the house and Chloe. Sooner or later she'll get up the strength to actually go out on the town on her own. She's still a little timid when it comes to that kind of stuff. I've gone out on the town twice by myself but I want to do a little more journeying soon. I've only visited a part of our town and I want to visit the rest. This is the fun part of being here and being foreign. As I walk down the street people stop and look or whisper to each other about me. I feel famous sometimes and at other times infamous. Either one I'll take because I'm a celebrity. The only person who steals the show is Chloe. The Korean people here are fascinated with her. She is so cute and white and little. People, young and old, flock to her and touch her (she doesn't seem to like that part), and they give her things like balloons. She is treated like a true princess. The next post will probably be mostly for the grandparents because it is Brandy's Flipvideo stuff that is only about Chloe's daily process of things and the messes she gets into.
Don't play this through the YouTube page because the music is copyrighted and it won't play.

1 comment:

NanaB said...

What a beautiful, fascinating place. Now I know why you fell in love the first time there. I'm so proud of you. I know I keep saying that, but words just can't describe how my heart swells when I think of how the Lord is using you and our family in such a special way. Enjoy every moment... Love ya, Mom