Sunday, January 18, 2009

A little excited and stressed


This is about how my wife looked tonight as we did the finishing touches on packing for our trip to Korea. We have 6 luggages to pack and 4 of them are over the 50 lb limit. I felt like we weren't taking that much but now I feel like Americans who take everything with them. It's hard because they don't have anything our size so we have to take everything we think we will use because we can't buy anything over there that's in our size. They don't even have shoes in our size. The good thing is that our daughter is still small enough to fit in their children clothes so we don't have to take a hundred outfits for her like we are for us. Hopefully we can sleep tomorrow on the plane because we're going to need it or we might remain to look like this -->. We have a 15 hour flight to look forward to. A long flight where we leave here at noon and arrive there at their time of 5:00 pm. It's like we lose a whole day on a plane. The problem I'm going to have is trying to not watch all the movies they have and actually catch a little shut eye. And we have to get our little girl to go to sleep twice, one for her nap and the other for her night sleep. All of this is going to be challenge but we have to do it because we can't just jump out of the plane, can we? I'm going to miss a lot of stuff when I leave: family, friends, and UGA. I'm really going to miss Frisbee. Well, I'll keep you up to date later, got to go to sleep so I can get up bright and early at 6:00 am.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy traveling, Thixtons! We look forward to hearing about what's next.

NanaB said...

I'm so glad that you all made it through the stresses of all the prep work and are now safely on the other side. Mom