Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cloudy in the Head


It's officially Spring in Memphis, kind of. We were having some really nice weather until this week with showers and cold fronts moving in and out like bees in a hive. It makes my sinuses or allergies act up and I wanted to take it on with my best protection, DayQuil. So, I started yesterday taking DayQuil caplets before heading to work. We had our normal Monday meetings and then I started my work day around 9:30. When 10:00 hit, I could barely keep my eyes open. My head was really clouded and I couldn't carry on a coherent conversation. I've never had DayQuil hit me that hard before. I was determined to press through it and continue my work. People called me and I answered their questions with one word answers. I could barely look at my computer to type, I was in bad shape for sure. I couldn't wait to get home and go to sleep. Well, I finally did make it home and ate supper before going to the cupboard for my night time meds. I saw some NyQuil caplets laying around in the medicine cabinet but I couldn't find the box. I looked in the DayQuil box and low and behold, the NyQuil was in there. I HAD TAKEN NYQUIL BEFORE WORK!!!! I can't believe I did that without even noticing. No wonder I couldn't think straight. I don't know how I kept myself awake without passing out, especially sitting in front of a computer screen all day. Anyways, I won't make that mistake again.

2 comments:

Jen said...

a good thing to remember: DayQuil= yellow pills. NyQuil= Green pills. :)

bjtrain83 said...

I should have taken the yellow pill.(Matrix) Except it was a different color, but same concept.