Friday, February 13, 2009

Long time no see

Sorry for being so long since the last one. I haven't had time or Brandy hasn't had a video for me. I can't do anymore pictures because I can't find my camera. I haven't seen it since the day we got our cell phones. Either I dropped it somewhere or it's hiding somewhere in the house. So until I find that it all relies on Brandy to get those videos going. Thanks for all of the prayers, I think they're helping. We didn't go sightseeing this week like we normally do. Instead we went out on our own to a part of Seoul, Insadong. Very tourist populated place filled with knick-knacks and art for tourists to buy and take home to America or wherever. I think it will be a good place for anybody who comes to visit us, but since we live here I bought a keychain and that's it. I'm very excited about my keychain though, it's a little wooden football. We also ate hotdogs cooked New Yorkian style and had some french fries from McDonald's. A little taste of America goes a long way. You don't realize that you miss something until you taste it. Brandy wanted a thousand french fries after having the medium one we order. Interestingly enough their fast food prices are cheaper than ours. A medium fry is a little less than a dollar. We got two small McFlurry's for less than $3. They tasted like real American food, kind of. The only thing I really miss is the pizza. The pizza here is littered with vegetables, seafood, and Korean toppings. I miss the meat, cheese, marinara sauce, and the sweet taste of cheesesticks. Anyways, where was I, yes, um...I miss pizza and oddly enough I miss Chinese food because they don't have it here. I had one thing yesterday that was the closest I got to American Chinese food and it reminded me of how much I like it. But that is one thing that will go away after a while, I think pizza will hang with me forever. Chloe spent the whole day with San while we went to Insadong with Eun Young. It was cold and rainy but I was excited to get out and walk amongst the busy city. I love getting out and walking here, the city, the people who stare at you, all part of the wonderful Korea we live in. Oh, on a positive note, Brandy didn't fall today. Yeah! I actually caught here one time so maybe she fell 1/2 a time, but that's it! Chloe's starting to love escalators because everytime we go to the store or travel we ride one. She still hasn't gotten the whole gravity thing down yet so we still have to hold her hand on them. The train ride from Cheonan to Seoul was an hour. Then we took a 10 minute subway ride to Chun Hae & San's house, then we took a taxi to Insadong. So I think we covered about everything except for the plane, which we came in on (I'm counting the boat because it was raining when we were in the taxi). Brandy's still trying to find Korean foods she likes outside of our apartment. So far no luck. She thought she liked bulgogi but this last time it was too spicy for her. She'll keep trying. Chloe is learning to potty train. Weeee! She sits on her potty and watches movies. When she goes tee tee she gets 1 piece of chocolate fruit candy and if she goes #2, she gets 2 pieces of candy. So far just tee tee, but we're still working on it and she really wants 2 pieces of candy.

5 comments:

Christan said...

Yeah for Chloe!!!! I can't wait to see some more video of the apartment and all the new furniture. Seriously though, when is Brandy going to have internet access? I am going through withdrawals here!! Miss you guys and love you lots!

bjtrain83 said...

yeah, still don't know about the internet access. She sits at home just staring at the internet outlet, putting her hands on it and praying over it. I think it's going to work one day.

Brandy Thixton said...

I still have faith! It's going to work soon. I just KNOW it!

Kathryn said...

You do need internet! Fo' shizzle! That's the primary connection to all your old peeps. I would think Kidoong would vouch for you guys on that.

I'm so glad Brandy got to see Insa Dong. Love and miss y'all. Tell Eunyoung "hi" for us.

PastorBryan24 said...

That was really sweet at the end. Reminds me when Brandon used to read to me at night.