Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stop me if I told you this...

ALright, I'm not sure if I told you about the meetings that I have and the way they go. We have piety meetings every morning we work, except for Sundays because we have church all day. The senior pastor sits in an overstuffed chair at the head of the people. There are two matching couches sitting adjacent from each other, which the pastors sit on. Then there are little matching audomin t, we sing a song and then we read a chapter, the one after the one we read yesterday. So I think they started in Matthew in January and now we're in 1st Corinthians. Each person reads one verse until the chapter is through. Sometimes I don't have to read which is exciting since no one can understand what I'm saying. Then the person leading that day prays. After prayer the senior pastor tells everyone what they're doing and what's going on. At this time pastors can present their ideas to the Senior Pastor and he will give them an answer or not. Once the SP stands up we can leave without saying a word. The best part is when we leave the SP sits at his desk and picks up his phone. His says "mull" and hangs up. This means water and a lady comes from his back door and brings him water. It is so mafia style here and he is the Don. It's crazy! Nothing happens in the church without him knowing and nothing happens until his word is spoken. I'm just waiting for my turn to whack somebody. J/K, we have other people for that job. I had a long day yesterday, worked until 6 all by myself in that small room downstairs. Sometimes I like being alone, but not for that long. I almost put on a movie because I was getting bored. I can't wait to move the offices to the new church. Then I can go home when I want to go home, instead of waiting for a pastor to leave. One of the samunim's came to our house yesterday by surprise, which is always good. This means they are becoming more comfortable around Brandy. Everything's coming together quickly here, and I think we're prepared to take it on. Brandy is trying to get a class together to teach mother's and their children. It is a hard task but she can't take on a different class when she's going to have a baby and take such a long break. Which means I've taken on another class which they created for Brandy, but since she can't do it, it has been put on me. Yeah! More work! I feel more Korean every day. Later I'll take a picture of my calendar and let you see how blessed you are to live in America and do what you do. You have to have God to work like this, I'm telling you this in truth, not jokingly. Okay, a little jokingly. Anyways, pray for us because we're going to need it come March. Another thing, whatthebook.com ships books for free to anywhere as long as you buy more than one book. So if you want to send anyone a book here, then you can use that online bookstore and do that.

1 comment:

Beloved of the Lord said...

It's been good to read your updates and see you videos!! Could you post your address somewhere? I would like to maybe send Brandy some books down the road.
Thanks!!