Monday, April 6, 2009

I don't want to miss a thing

Videos: Chloe's Crib, Chloe Take 4

Well, I'm sorry for everyone in America. I can't video everything and I can't type everything that happens because my memory is only so good. And I can only type so much before my fingers become stuck in a typing motion and my eyes won't shut because I've been staring at the computer screen so long. All in all we're still doing great. Chloe went down the big slide all by herself today. I really wanted to video it but I couldn't find the camera. It turns out Brandy put it in a spot so she could find it later. She forgot. Seems she's been doing that quite a bit recently. She calls it "Baby Brain Drain", whatever. Anyways, Chloe has her Barbie's on the playground like we always do and I get on the big slide to show her how to do it by herself. I then ask her if she wants to do it with me. She tells me no, and then tells me to get off the slide. What? She wants the Barbie's to go first, so I oblige. She pushes the Barbie's down the slide and proceeds to get on the slide as well. As expected her to ask me to join her but she just takes off and slides down the slide. I was shocked, literally, because everything is made of fiberglass and metal so you conduct electricity on the fiberglass and then shock yourself on the metal. Everytime I went down the slide I got shocked somehow or another. Oh, also they put rubber tiles down instead of just concrete and I think it's recycled tires because my feet kept getting shocked everytime I slid down and stood up. I think it's because the tires have small metal shards in them, and it was a weird feeling everytime it happened. Then after sliding a few times normally, she began to explore and slide down on her stomach. She liked that so much that she only slid on her stomach from then on out. Any slide she slid down she would slide on her stomach. It was quite interesting to watch. One time she slid face-first on accident. She slid the Barbie's down first everytime, and one time Nel Barbie got stuck on a crack in the slide. Chloe went to reach for her and reached too far. She slid head first down the slide with a look of shock, which quickly turned into a grin once her feet touched the ground. It was a beautiful day today. Chloe wondered where the clouds were. I told her they were sleeping. Maybe I should tell her the truth next time about how the clouds aren't always there because of molecules in the air and water, but then I remember she's only 2. Sometimes it's hard to believe it with the sentences she uses and words she says. She's also learning some Korean without us teaching her. She's catching on to what the kids at church are saying. So found out how to say "no" and "thank you". She also knows some other stuff but I don't know it so I can't translate it for you. Enjoy Chloe's Crib, it's one of my collaborative masterpieces. And Chloe Take 4 is just another reminder of how Chloe sees the world.

No comments: