Monday, March 30, 2009

Hangul Concerto in Deutsch

Well, if you love concerts then you should have come to our night service this past Sunday. We had a wonderful performance by one of the top organists in Germany, pastor Yi Sun's daughter. I actually don't know if she's one of the top organists in Germany but I know she's pretty good because I just saw her perform. I'm not a big fan of organs actually, but everyone in the church seemed to enjoy the performance. I really enjoyed the performances by the pianists. I like the piano a lot and she really rocked the house with some intricate pieces. They also had a string accompaniment with the organ that actually complimented each other to give you the feeling you were listening to a choir of angels. Maybe not a whole choir, but maybe a quartet of angels. All in all it was good and long. It gave me and Brandy enough time to read a couple of chapters from our books. We read books during services because we don't understand the language and it's better than playing games on our phones. I already finished The Five People You Meet in Heaven and now I'm half way through with Blue like Jazz. I would recommend the first book to about anybody. It's a short read and great story that you can really relate to. The book I'm in now started off a little groggy, like stumbling through a jungle of political caucus and complaints about the church. That was only the first 15 pages or so, and is now answering questions that I haven't even thought about asking yet. There's one chapter that just blew me away about the idea of a confession booth. Anyways, we're still doing good and still staying busy. Oh, I added another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkL8u7fLosA

1 comment:

PastorBryan24 said...

I liked Blue Like Jazz. He is very political minded. That through me off at first. But I loved the chapter on faith entitled, "Penguin (you know what)" and the confession booth. There's some good stuff in there.